History[edit | edit source]
Hope PRC was began in 1915 as Hope Christian Reformed Church and organized in 1925 as a Protestant Reformed congregation.
Historical Details[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Blair School, 4790 Riverbend Drive SW, Walker, 1917-30
- 1545 Wilson Avenue SW, Walker, 1930-65
- 1580 Ferndale Avenue SW, Walker, built 1965
Pastors[edit | edit source]
- George M. Ophoff, 1924-29
- John A. Heys, 1941-54
- Herman C. Hanko, 1956-62
- Herman Veldman, 1964-66
- Jason L. Kortering, 1967-69
- Ronald J. Van Overloop, 1973-78
- Richard A. Flikkema, 1981-86
- James D. Slopsema, 1986-95
- Russell J. Dykstra, 1995-96
- James Lanning
- David Overway
Membership Overview[edit | edit source]
Membership Data[edit | edit source]
Green (lower) line shows membership in families; blue (middle), professing members; red (top), total members; and magenta (thin), non-professing members.
Data source: Yearbooks of the Christian Reformed Church and Protestant Reformed Churches. Dates are year prior to publication date since data is gathered at the end of one year and published in the next. At this point, I have no data between 1924 and 1947.